For triathletes, being aerodynamically optimized is only part of the equation, especially at longer distances. Efficiency and comfort are just as important when you have to run a marathon at the end of the ride! gebioMized’s GP Aero-Pad measurement system allows an exact and fast identification of the optimal position for the pads, and their perfect adjustment on the handlebar. This is a key part of any bike fitting for a triathlete or a time trialist.
Our flexible measurements films collect data on the pads, which is wirelessly transmitted to a laptop or PC. This allows for both indoor measurement on the trainer as well as outdoor measurement on the road. The film is attached to the pads and does not influence the ride characteristics or the bike’s handling.
The pressure dispersion on the pads in the aero-position is graphically and dynamically displayed through a colour code or a 3D pressure scale. The live-measurement also allows for the analysis of asymmetric pressure and force distribution and offers an approach for optimizing the position accordingly. GP Aero-Pad is an essential instrument to perform a complete bike fitting. The software-output allows the athlete and the consultant to comprehensively analyze the results and create opportunities for improvement by moving or replacing pads.
- measurement of the pressure dispersion in the real aero-position
- comparison of different pad positions
- Displaying of the results though a colour code or a 3-D pressure chart
- Power analysis to identify asymmetries
- Colour printed report concerning the optimal settings of the aero handlebar
Hurting hands and numb fingers are are some of the top complaints we hear from mountain bike riders. With our new pressure measurement film for the mountain bike handlebar, we answer some of the previously unsolved questions in mountain bike fitting, such as: How is the force distributed between the saddle and the handlebar?
One of the main causes of overstrained shoulders, arms and hands is excessively high pressure on the handlebar. Our measurement technique can measure this quickly and exactly to optimize the handlebar contact points in the bike fitting.
The data measured by our flexible measurement films is wirelessly transmitted. This enables measurements both in-doors on the fit bike/trainer as well as outdoors. The films are fixed to the grips and neither influence the ride characteristics nor the bike handling. The pressure distribution in depicted graphically and dynamically using a color scale or a three-dimensional pressure chart. During the live-measurement asymmetric pressure and force distributions can then be analyzed and the position optimized accordingly.
- Dynamic measurement of the pressure distribution on the MTB-grips
- Comparison of different MTB-grips
- Identification of the optimal angle for grips with wings
- Exact results concerning the important saddle–handlebar force distribution (perfect combination with GP BikeMess)
- Visualization of the measured values on a colour scale or as 3D pressure chart
- Force analysis to identify asymmetries
- Complete coloured report on the MTB-grip’s optimal adjustment